White Sponge vs. Yellow Sponge. What You Need to Know

White Sponge vs. Yellow Sponge. What You Need to Know

While the number of cases of black mold is increasing day by day and states are declaring it as an epidemic, new types of molds, white and yellow molds, are emerging. White fungus is more dangerous than black fungus and was first reported in Patna, Bihar, where there were initially more than four cases. It is considered more deadly if not treated. The yellow fungus was discovered in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, following the black and white fungus. When the new fungus was introduced, it was considered more dangerous than the existing fungus.


Risk factors for white and yellow mushrooms

White fungus

White fungus is considered more dangerous than black fungus because it has serious effects on the whole body, including the lungs, nails, kidneys, brain, skin, reproductive organs, and mouth. White fungus can be destructive and affect the brain, gastrointestinal tract, and respiratory system, so the danger is well understood.


 

Yellow fungus

According to research, yellow mold is commonly found in reptiles. However, it is extremely dangerous and deadly if left untreated. Since it is usually caused by poor hygiene, it is highly recommended to keep the premises clean at this stage. Old food should be disposed of as soon as possible, before mold and bacteria can grow.


 

Who is at risk?

White fungus

People with weak immune systems are at greater risk. A moldy environment is not well disinfected and is more susceptible to fungal infections. Although it is not contagious because it is inhaled from the environment, people with low immunity need to be especially careful. As with black mold, people with a high incidence of diabetes, cancer patients, and those undergoing long-term steroid treatment need to be careful.

Yellow fungus

The same is true for this one, although it is not targeted at specific people. However, people with weak immune systems are more likely to be targeted. People with diseases such as cancer and diabetes should be very careful and not ignore the symptoms of yellow mold.

 

The symptoms of white mold are somehow related to the symptoms of COVID-19.

  • The small nodules are usually painless and grow in size over time.
  • Cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, fever.
  • It also depends on the body part; in the joints, it can cause arthralgia.
  • If the central nervous system is affected, thought disorders, headaches, and seizures may occur.
 


Some of the symptoms of yellowing include

  • laziness
  • Loss of appetite or complete loss of appetite
  • Weight loss
  • Pus leakage
  • Slow healing of wounds
  • Malnutrition and organ failure
  • Hollow eyes due to possible necrosis
 


Etiology

This fungus is ubiquitous and its main cause or causes are quite difficult to understand. However, according to doctors, it can be detected in ordinary tap water used in humidifiers attached to oxygen cylinders given to patients during treatment for COVID-19. Therefore, hospitals and individuals need to be careful when using oxygen cylinders.

Yellow mold can be caused by high humidity and old food, but poor hygiene is the main cause. There are things you can do to prevent yellow mold. Properly disposing of manure and disposing of old feed in a timely manner can help prevent the spread of fungi and bacteria. Humidity must be kept at 30-40% or there is a high risk of bacterial growth in an enclosed space.


 

Treatment

The only treatment for white and yellow mold is antibacterial medication, and even then only if administered early. These conditions can be life-threatening if not detected early, examined by a doctor, and treated appropriately. Today, injections of amphotericin B are considered the treatment of choice for these widespread fungi.

Prevention


 

White fungus

People with low immunity are at higher risk, so use all home remedies to boost immunity, cleanse the lungs, and keep the nasal passages hygienic. Keep your surroundings clean and free from dust and moisture.

Yellow fungus

Since it is generally transmitted by poor hygiene, it is advisable to maintain good hygiene. Keep your surroundings clean and throw away old food as soon as possible to avoid spreading the bacteria. Try to keep the humidity at 30-40%.


 

You may like these posts